Each Friday an MGC employee will answer ten hard (ok, maybe not that tough) questions. Our first victim is Jennifer Bruns. She’s a team player, and an all around great person. Here’s more.
Ten the Hard Way with Jennifer Bruns- Senior Tax Auditor
1. What is your primary job function?
submitted daily by each casino to ensure the taxes paid to the state on
admissions and gaming revenues is accurate.
2. What is the best part of your job?
My co-workers. Also, really the gaming industry is just
3. How long have you been with the MGC?
8 1/2 years
4. Have you always been a “numbers kind of gal”?
Yes, math has always been my
strong suit. I love to do reconciliations
and worksheets which make me use my brain.
5. Tell us something about yourself?
I’m a Christmas season junkie! I love all and anything to do with that
6. Do you have any hobbies?
Actually my hobbies are
interests shared by my family—those being NASCAR, baseball, football, some
hunting, and I love to fish. Also, my husband and I have a 1971 Dodge Charger
which we fixed up and show at car cruises and shows all over the central
7. What do you look forward to most in life?
Spending quality time with my
family and friends.
8. Where do you see the Tax Audit world heading?
I think it will get more
complex with the onset of cashless wagering and other technology enhancements.
9. If you weren’t a tax auditor, what would you be?
I would own a home decor
store and hire someone to handle the “business” side of things while I just get
to buy and decorate.
10. coke or pepsi?